Wight of the Nine Worlds

welcome

I welcome thee free spirit, which thou shalt come with an open heart, open mind and an open soul, for what you are about to read can only be understood by the wise who are eager to learn and to embrace the roots deep and forgotten in the hearts of the free people of Europe, by accepting who you are and where your roots lie, is half way into the great road of life. We will journey unto where our spirit takes us with the knowledge we gained. Learn and teach.

The Goddess of Dreams Niorun


Dreams are an important part of our lifes, the realms of fantasy, the places where our most wildest dreams come true. In dreams we are free, such as the shaman is when freeing his/her soul in a altered state of consciousness, sometimes all of us do the same, but we aren't aware of that and most of the time we can't perceive or distinguish what is a dream and a journey of the soul, it all seems the same, nonetheless dreams helped us understanding the world around us, they give us the imagination to create art, they even give us clues to understand the most complex scientific matters, when we reflect on something and fall asleep with those questions in mind. As dreams are an important thing is our daily lives, there is a Norse goddess for dreams, her name is Niorun.

From the old Norse lore, practically nothing is known about this goddess, actually i had a difficult time trying to search something about her, for i am a dreamer and personally i have lots of great stories and journeys to talk about since i was a baby, but this post i will dedicate exclusively to this goddess and a special thanks to Raven Kaldera, whithout him, i wouldn't get much of the information i have about this goddess and i wouldn't share with you how important she is.´

Niorun or Njorun, lives in Svartalfheim, and she is an important goddess of dreams and of the night to the Duergar ( the dwarves ) and to the Dark Elves, from whom most of the knowledge about this goddess, comes. Svartalfheim is a dangerous realm, if one must cross it, there aren't much places to hid, or get shelter, a safe place.. traveling fast, straight to the destination is the best thing to do, however, where Niorun dwells, is the only place one might find peace and stay without being chased, haunted or stalked by anyone. They might find protection there, although, as soon as anyone leaves the place, that protection is over and they must carry their journey on their own again. Her face is seldom seen, she walks in her halls as a shadowed figure, she speaks with people of course, but most of what she says, no one can remember ( for me that wouldn't be a surprise, most of the deities i speak with, i can rarely remember what they told me, fortunatelly i remember everything else and i learn valuable lessons just with the things and places they show me ) it is like living a dream inside those halls, and it can be dangerous to fall asleep. She can be called to have prophetic dreams, to find answers while you sleep, but those dreams might not be clear, but at least you might learn something new, something that might prove useful in your life, the dreams can inspire you in all the you do.

3 comentários:

Lee said...

I am norse pagan by blood & choice, I have always had dreams that come true in one way or another cause they are never straight forward, but most the time I never spoke of this to anyone, I'm older & people think I'm strange anyway so I've totally embraced who I am now & things have gotten a lil wierd cause now something will pop into my head & will not leave until I dwell on it & I have found out that once I do that it happens & I'm fully awake, I have just discovered the goddess Njörun because of my extensive research about my bloodline & my dreams, but I want to be sure I'm pronouncing her name correctly, so if anyone has a way to help me with pronouncing it correctly I'd really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I think it's pronounced Nēyōrun long E and o, and the english word run at the end. E.ulfursson just did a video about her on Instagram In the last few days (January 2021) where he pronounces the name. Maybe check it out there?

Eri Ana Marcus said...

Hi Arith - - my goodness the type is small - so i was just looking up something - i'm doing artwork , and then found this page and looked - - - oh, ya - i know this guy.
I will try to connect where i can- having trouble with settings in Patron again (what's up with them - ? )
I have had to switch back to an account i had in gmail because my 25 year provider of service decided not to do my mail anymore -on Feb 25- ya, thanks a heap , no warning and i've lost mail and contacts

so this is me Eri Ana Marcus- leaving this comment - love this page - hope you are well - and at anafae333@gmail.com now
cheers